Center for Advanced BioEnergy Research, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Retired Lakeland Minister Thinks Grass Can Be Used for Ethanol

The Ledger (Lakeland, Florida)

Gass-to-Grass Drream
By Kevin BouffardTHE LEDGER
Published: Sunday, August 3, 2008 at 11:40 p.m. Last Modified: Sunday, August 3, 2008 at 11:56 p.m.

LAKELAND Thanks to $4-a-gallon gas, Americans are scrambling for alternative fuels, and a retired Lakeland minister may just have a solution growing in his own back yard.

"I didn't think about ethanol until I read a lot about it. Then I thought, 'My God, my grass is a possible solution,' " said the Rev. Giok Se Tjiong, 86, of north Lakeland.

There's nothing new about ethanol, of course, but anyone who's gone grocery shopping recently knows why it's fallen out of favor as an alternative fuel.

Read the full story

No comments: